R had a third grade grammar project to do. Simply enough, it was to write a brief persuasive paper. She was to consider something she would like to persuade others to do, and write about it. Easy enough. I had my ideas. And she had hers.
This project was spread out over several lessons. The final lesson was about "publishing" your paper. All along the way, I asked to see, revise, proof, etc. as I generally do. I was refused. "It's for you and Daddy so you cannot see it". Logical enough.
So this is how it turned out. And here's what it's about.
Drumroll please......
BUYING A HORSE excuse me TWO HORSES!
Isn't that every little girl's dream??
Her Reasoning...
(some spelling errors are included for posterity!)
- Because they are fun.
- Because they are ausam!
- But first we need, a sadel, reins, a breakaway harness, horse trailer and hay.
- AND we have room for them already.
- I WILL DIE without them!
- Me and Stefanie love horses.
- Horses are incredible sowe start saving your money!! (my personal favorite!)
Then there's an illustration of her and her older sister riding their horses. Complete with tackle, names and descriptive markings of the horses.
So I is watching me write this now, and starts fussing. "Horses, horses, horses! R and S are always wanting horses!" Then he begins naming all of the animals they currently have. Then he states "We have enough animals!"
I believe Daddy would agree. (smile)












2 comments:
ok, so can I just say that RML cracks me up!!!!!
Great drawings - it looks like one is a palimino (sp?) and the other a solid dark horse - quite creative & detailed!
I'd say she got the whole persuasive bit down, wouldn't you? ;)
I'm so going to have to call you about last night. Your word was right on. In ways that I bet you wouldn't even have fathomed. :D
Post a Comment