Tuesday, January 29, 2008

FRIED

Need I say more?


(and No, it's not my photo, its from here)


So. I may be spotty in my posting for awhile. At least until one of my "geek" (and I mean that in the most reverent sense!) friends or relations can help me see if anything can be extracted from the hard-drive -before we perform the dreaded " Destructive System Recovery". (Now how is that for a paradox?) Destructive and Recovery.

So my case is cracked, my harddrive is in a mobile case, and I wait.

You know they say that most people don't get the "backup religion" until AFTER they go through a major crash. I agree. It's in our nature, isn't it?? I think I was just a "pew warmer" in this "church". I backed up, but not often. Fortunately My God was looking out for me even when I wasn't. Everything "important" was backed up within the last two weeks. So the potential loss may be minimized. And I had been thinking about those offsite backup companies. Now that we have broadband, it would be a possibility. But I hadn't done it just yet. Guess I just got the "religion". (smile)
Isn't that true of our relationship with our Creator? Until things get really bad and we've suffered some kind of loss, we aren't much bothered..oh we may know that He's there, but do we really do much more than "warm the pew"?

Anyway. Since I have spent so much time trying to resurrect my computer, a few things around here have suffered, (just small things like my family, my house and my sleep) and I may need to catch up. Will post on the "other side" ...or I may try and keep up on the DH's new laptop! (there's a positive spin on this story!)

I read a new blogfriend's post tonight ( I won't post a link as I don't know if she wants it broadcast..) But she quoted a line from a great hymn, one in which I will enjoy taking with me to bed tonight...

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
Here in the love of Christ I stand


No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life’s first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
‘Til He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand!



2 comments:

Christin said...

Have I said before that I love how your mind works?

Carl8ta said...

missing your posts - hope you are up and running soon!