Monday, January 07, 2008

From Shakespeare to Fishing and Salamanders


I'm going to try and use this forum as an opportunity to mark the events that occur in our home. Although most of my children are past that "aww isn't it cute what she did" stage, there are still things to be recorded. And I want to be respectful of my older children's feelings. Because they are currently at that "everything is embarrassing" time. Take today for instance. Poor S dropped a bowl of noodles at lunch, breaking the bowl. And Shakespeare got it. Thank you Lord, for that dog. (I don't want to know how it got on the window)








At dinner this evening I found out that while my little ones were having "recess" - enjoying this 70 degree day. (yes, Virginia, in January) they got out the fishing poles and practiced "throwing" as Isaac recalls. Which, by the way, he wants his daddy to know that he is "really good at it now-better than Rebekah". The only CATCH is that it is now hung up in a tree.

My DH asks, "did this happen on your watch, dear, or mine??"









BUT with the brief respite from the cold, "we" enjoyed the local wildlife. Gee, I don't think I ever knew there were salamanders around here when I was growing up. But we seem to find many of them around our home. Wow. Let me take a picture of that. No, I don't want to touch. Well, at least they are the kind with legs.
Oh, no Mom! I lost one of the babies.!


Well at least Isaac wasn't in his big brother's room playing with knives any longer.



No comments: