Yes, it's been forever since I've written. Ahem. Sorry. No good excuse. Just silly ones. :-)
We did go on the cruise. It was fabulous. If you have never cruised before, you should. It is the most relaxing form of vacationing that I've ever experienced. And if you like a bargain, (or need one) there are plenty to be had. Of course you can spend a lot if you want too, also, but it isn't necessary to have a good time.
We sailed from Miami to Key West (a place I want to visit again!) and Cozumel. We didn't spend any time in Cozumel, though, because we hopped aboard a speedboat to the Yucatan Peninsula and then a bus down to the Tulum Ruins. We had a great guide who was very familiar with the country's anthropological history. Brian and I kept remarking, "amazing" and "this guy really knows his stuff", we enjoyed ourselves immensely (even though it was hot!)
We were able to dine every night (except when we were in Mexico) in the elegant dining room at our table for two. Our waiter, assistant waiter and Maitre d'hotel were wonderfully accomodating, and friendly,( and it was great to order anything off of the fancy menu each night.)
Each morning we ordered room service for breakfast. Poached eggs, Kipper, Salmon...mmmm. Tablecloth, linen napkins, tea in your jammies....sweet!
We loved our room. Marble bathroom, that was cleaned for us constantly...up to three times a day. The exterior wall was a floor to ceiling window with sliding glass door...out onto a private balcony! (where I slept as we left Key West on Friday and burned my legs in the sun!). Yes...sleep! Every mom's dream. And I did LOTS of it! Where else can you go to bed in one place, get rocked to sleep and awaken in a new location to visit? I'm telling you, I see a future cruise on my horizon!
Monday, April 27, 2009
The Cruise
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Ahhhhhhhhh....sleeping on a veranda...a clean marble bathroom....breakfast served in my room....all very dreamy. I'm so glad yall did this. :-)
So very happy to finally see and read about your cruise! Rachel (You know who I am:)
sooooo jealous!!!!
Post a Comment