Thursday, April 30, 2009

Birthday


Last Saturday was my birthday. My daughter made me an awesome birthday cake, all on her own. Isn't it beautiful?? I had a lovely lunch with a dear friend at the "special restaurant" in town that everyone talks about, but I had never been to. Hmmm ... uninterrupted adult conversation, yummy food and drink, while my dear husband was doing parent duty at the ballgame. Wow. I don't think that I've ever felt so loved as I did last weekend. Saturday evening we were invited by some long-time (not old) friends mountain cabin for family fun....(and LOTS of creek play for the kids!) Not one of them came home clean OR dry. Don't know why I didn't think about that and pack extra clothes! We took the special birthday cake with us to share with the crowd..and Gail (who's birthday is right after mine) and I were wished a Happy Birthday!


On Sunday afternoon, my husband pulled off a great feat. A surprise party for me. Yep. He gloated. And well he should, because I didn't have to do anything to prepare for it. Except get over my shock, die a little..(cause the house wasn't as clean as I would have made it for a party), oh...and run change my shirt! After I got over it, I had a grand time. Who wouldn't be thrilled to be surrounded by all your people!?? Wonderful. Plain and simple. I am rich. Wealthy. Blessed. Thank you, Lord!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I am so sorry we missed it!! I had to work and it was past 6 by the time I left the store so it just wasn't happening!!!
Happy Late Birthday!!!
Love Ya!!!