Friday, August 22, 2008

That "D" word.






I'm Disparaging right now.
Discipline.
Seems as if it always come back to this.
The D word.
I hate it.
I hate to administer it.
I hate to learn it.
I know I need it.
Disgusting.
Distressful.
Daunting.
Discipline.
It seems to me, that everything in my life hinges on it.
If I had more D then this would not be a problem .
More D and that wouldn't even be an issue.
I can Discern in others the benefits of it. In myself I can see the Dire need for it.
Daylight. It will come in a few hours, whether I want it to or not. And yet
Because I am not D, I will be Dragging tomorrow because of Decreased sleep.
.
Sometimes I am choosing to be Delinquent.
Other times it is Deliberate.
And yet I'm Dauntless.
...
O, there is a little Drop of it here and there-
But not much.
And so I Despise D.
---
Why so Downcast O my Soul?
Why so Disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.
Psalm 42:11 (NIV)









2 comments:

Crystal said...

You're quite the poet, Ms Julie. This is the second time I've seen evidence. What other lyrical gems are you hiding in that soul?

Jo Ann said...

Hey Julie,
I found your blog kind in a round about way. I Desperately need more Discipline. You just wrote it a lot better. :) Just wanted to say hi!
Jo Ann