I am wondering whatever got me to start sending Christmas cards? Whatever the reason, I am doing it later and later each year. The first year I sent one of those photo cards was the Christmas that Isaac was born. Since he was due in mid-December, I thought it would be neat to do our own sort of "Nativity" photo. I felt that it was "inspired", particularly because I had sensed from the Lord that he would be a boy. Fortunately, the wonderful ladies who decorated the church that year unknowingly complied, and set up a beautiful, rough manger, and background...(how DID they know?) It turned out wonderful, and Our baby boy was gracious enough to come the Monday after Thanksgiving, offering Mom a chance to get it all worked out. That was six years ago.
Fast Forward to Christmas 2007. Mom decides that since she cannot get everyone together at the same time, that she'll just take the camera on the way to Church. (Which wasn't cancelled as thought, because the Predicted "Ice Storm" didn't happen as predicted. But it sure was pretty. Oh, I'd love to get them near one of the icy trees in the front yard. But, alas, Mom is running behind again, and everyone is waiting in the car for me. So I think I am going to give up, but my DH says, go ahead, try it...and even though it will make us late, they all pile out to "endure" the photo shoot, that mom attempts to make as quick and painless as possible. You'd think that my two eldest children would be the easiest, but no. Not this time. So with Daddy doing crazy stunts to get people to look at least a bit pleasant, we snapped nine shots in the freezing cold and jumped in the car-Mom mumbling about "giving up". Really, next year, I'm going to have a better plan about this. It's just that none can compare to the first one. I'd like to be creative, and have something silly each year...So, my pride must take a back seat, and I know that one day I'll look back on this year and laugh...right???
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Christmas Cards
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
I can't believe the nativity picture was 6 years ago!! It seems like last Christmas! I was thinking of that very card as I was trying to decide what to do for ours this year. Considering my present state, I thought maybe we should borrow a donkey & I could sit on it while Kee led me along....but out of mercy for the donkey, I decided against it. ;-)
I think you definitely have some keepers in the pics for this year. Beautiful family. :)
I think you'd look cute on a Donkey! It would be adorable to see y'all doing it...and certainly have one of the kids following along behind with a scoop! LOL! Love you girl. Merry Christmas!!
look on the bright side - at least you took the picture BEFORE Christmas!! :) I too, was banking on that "snow day" from church - big sigh. We JUST took our picture on Thursday night - and only got it half done. Right after we got the kids all dressed up and ready to go, Rick got called since he forgot he was running sound for church on Sunday. Attempting to take a picture of four children (two of whom are extremely active) is NOT highly recommended.
Hugs!
Jolanthe
Post a Comment