Monday, December 31, 2007

Ending the year, right.


Well, its finally all over. The last of the gift giving blitz has finished (as of last night!). The decorations are still out, and the tree needs to be unloaded (uggh!) Fortunately I have children who enjoy this. I remember being the one who enjoyed it, who insisted that ALL the Christmas traditions be carried out. Now I pass the torch to the next generation. May they carry it longer and farther than I could. Seriously. I want to share with you one of my most favorite Christmas gifts, ever. See the photo? I got it at a small group white elephant exchange years ago. Nope, I cannot take credit for it, but I know who can! Unlike most white elephants, which I save for another year, this one took a place of honor. I have it on my desk, right next to my computer screen. I love it. To me it displays everything silly in life. I mean, who would have thought to take a glass head and hang a Christmas pickle in it?? I laughed so hard I cried the first time I saw it. It still brings a chuckle to me at times. It reminds me not to take things so seriously. For we all take ourselves too seriously, way too often-IMHO. So I keep it nearby to remind me. LIGHTEN UP! A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. Prov. 17:22.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Hey, I know that head! I'm happy to see it's still around, and in a place of honor, no less. I think it rates as the absolute best white elephant gift of all time. Be sure to list it in your will. I'd hate for it to cause division in the family someday. ;-)