Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Kingdom Life

I've been thinkin' lately. (I know, it's dangerous.) I am so blessed.
There is a benefit to meeting new people and going new places, experiencing new things. Like going to a great concert- thousands of people sharing in the same experience.
.
.
.
I know none of them.
. And so, somehow, it seems hollow to me.
.
.
There have been times, even, that DH and I have gone to hear, or experience "the latest, greatest". Believe me, it was good.
.
I didn't know anyone else there, so it seemed, I don't know, empty.
.
Now, I realize for some people, the complete anonymity that you can only achieve by attending a large, distant gathering, feels safe- and I wouldn't deny them that.

But for me, and this blog is for me, I get so much more out of experiencing something together.
Not just me, but also my friend, my brother.
I have such a strong desire to pull things IN, closer to US. So, instead of going to that great speaker, conference, concert; I want to bring them here.
I want to experience it with my friend who is suddenly single again, my friend who is dealing with miscarriage, my girlfriend who is trying to reach out past all her fears of exposure, and become real. (skin horse real)
Because when I see those people touched, I am moved. When I see a word of encouragement given to someone I've cared about for years, it means more to me than watching a TV preacher make a woman get up and walk from her wheelchair. In other words, if I knew that lady for the last 10 years, seen her struggle with her handicap, held the door for her, prayed with her...it would mean so much more to me to see her walk! So I seek not to go everywhere, as much as I want to claim those same experiences for my sisters and brothers. Rich! How cool is that?!!

1 comment:

Carl8ta said...

preach it sister!

I'm with you - why not HERE, why not US, why not NOW!