Monday, July 21, 2008

Random Moments

















I heard a teaching today, conveniently downloaded to my iPod and accessible through my otherwise antiquated cassette player in the car. It was about perfectionism, and while I don't think that I am a perfectionist, I still am subject to many of the similar thought cycles. "I need to do better", " I've got to get this done" can overwhelm me and rob me of precious "moments" in my children's short time at home.

My mother was saying today, that she saw moms and children(mostly the little ones crawling up on laps) at church this weekend and wondered how moms who work do it...Work for 8 hours, sleep 8, leaving 8 to get everything else done. Her question was, "How much time do they actually get to spend (snuggling, loving, holding)..their children?" I have no idea, but I don't work at a job away from home, and I know that there have been many a Sunday in which I reflected during this "quiet hour" how few times I had touched my children that week just because.

The speaker today said that we pride ourselves as women on our ability to multi-task...but are sometimes robbing ourselves and our children of MOMENTS.



Like I Corinthians 13 explains (JVLParaphrase)..I have nothing if I get it all done but didn't do it in love.
With love.
Soaking up love.
Showering love.
Snuggling love.
Smothering love.
I want Moments my children will remember. Most don't come from careful planning, but on their own schedule. I don't want to be so busy doing multiple things, that I miss it.
I think I'm going to go give some kisses goodnight.




1 comment:

Davene said...

Thanks, Julie! I always need a reminder like this. I really can't hear it often enough, I think. :)