It's been really hard to post for awhile. Yes, we are busy, yes it's tax time both for us personally and for our businesses. It's times like these that literally try men's souls (and women's!)
It makes every small businessperson long for a flat tax, or my idea, No tax. I'm for eradicating ALL taxes and then starting all over again. Wipe the slate clean. Then start again...we'll have to decide again which things are important enough to tax ourselves for. Yes it will be messy. Yes it will be hard. I think it would be worth it. I think we are so innundated with taxes, and the resulting high prices due to taxes, that most people have no idea how much they are really paying in taxes in a year. A college-educated friend told my mother once, that they didn't pay taxes! They got a refund! (And a government school teacher-sad)
So here's my vote for the clean slate tax!
Until then, I'm stuck here....in taxland.
Anyway, I'm also having a hard time dealing with loss, again. I want so much to write about what I'm feeling, but I am so overwhelmed with emotion, and with the resultant lack of work I'm accomplishing around here....
Monday, March 10, 2008
Writing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment